Ecclesia reformata semper reformanda secundum verbum Dei

Happy Thanksgiving

One day I was at Richmond's Amtrak station, waiting for the train to Sacramento. And there was a man who was also waiting for the same train. We started a conversation, and he told me that he just got an accident. A driver ran through the red light and hit his car, a car that he so hardly obtained and took care as his precious. He looked very sad, yet at one point he said to me, “Well, I just have to count my blessings. It could’ve been worse. I didn’t get hurt.”

As many reasons as we can find to be thankful, there are also many reasons to be grumbling about life. But hey, let's count our blessings!

I said to some friends, that this is the time of the year that I celebrate in remembering of people like them. I thank them for being friends, mentors, prayer partners, and many others that have inspired me.

I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving Day.
I will be celebrating with friends at the Seminary.
May all the good gifts of life from God, in the sunlight and in the shadow, brings us the joy of thanksgiving and gratitude.

Many blessings,

Ray

No comments:

First Things | On the Square