Ecclesia reformata semper reformanda secundum verbum Dei

Arriving at Holland, Michigan

I arrived at Holland, Michigan, last Monday (8/8). Thanks a lot to my dear Elizabeth who took the time amidst her busy schedule in West Virginia to drive me all the way to my new school, Western Theological Seminary.

I am glad to meet my fellow Th. M. students, and as I come to know them a little, I feel very privileged to be in this program. My roommate, Workneh, is a pastor and lecturer from Ethiopia, Annabell is a pastor and lecturer from Trinidad, the same as Santosh who is from Orissa, India. Two days ago we were joined by our other friend, Lindsey, who just received her M. Div. degree from this school, and four of us, with the Th. M. program director, Rev. Beagley and her beloved husband, went to dinner together. We are still waiting for our friends, Chala, a pastor from Zambia who should arrive here next Monday, -- he missed our ‘exploration project’ around Holland -- and Bryan who was a missionary in Argentina. I am very excited about this learning experience, and looking forward to our orientation program next Monday.

Thank you so much for remembering me in your prayers. With these words from the Scripture I wish you courage and well-ness: “Be still, and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10).


No comments:

First Things | On the Square